Sunday, December 27, 2009

Is it ok to glue an artificial nail if my toenail was removed?

I found some artificial toenails, but I'mnot sure if it is ok to use them isince the toenail was removed 2 years ago. Has anyone tried it before?Is it ok to glue an artificial nail if my toenail was removed?
This is a bad idea. Typically the glue bonds to your existing nail. You do NOT want to glue this to your skin or a possible wound.Is it ok to glue an artificial nail if my toenail was removed?
its fine just dont use gorilla glue cuz of the chems on it cuz my aunt just did that a couple of weeks ago and her toe turned like green the she used some other stuff and it wuz fine
my mother has the same problem , and the other day she went to get a pedicure and asked if they could put an acylic over it, they said NO so your best bet would be to not try it. or contact your doc
u need to have a nail to protect the skin
I am a nailtech:


* You CAN have acrylic put on the area where there is not a nail. Unfortunately the tech who told the mother this has not kept up with her education.


* You could glue the tip on the nail, but it may be uncomfortable. You best bet would be to find a good nailtech and have her apply Liquid and Powder (formerly known as acrylic) to the nailbed.


*If you do glue on a nail, just be sure to take it off periodically to prevent a bacterial infection.


BTW--- if the tech is still using mold and fungus as verbiage for a greenie on the nail, she has been out of the loop. Needs to get some up to date education.


Good luck with your choice.


buenos dias,


Irish Mom
I haven't tried it before, but if it'll stick - why not?





Go for it - it can't hurt. Your skin should be healed by now - so it's just sticking it to the skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment