Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Are there any hypoallergenic artificial nails? (non-acrylic)?

I've developed extreme contact dermatitis to regular acrylics, but have NEVER been able to grow anything but paper-thin splitting nails (and yes, I've tried MANY solutions). Artificial nails are the only thing that's ever worked.Are there any hypoallergenic artificial nails? (non-acrylic)?
You can try Gel ones. They cost a bit more than acrylic nails, but they're much healthier for your nails because it's more ';breathable.'; Or you can try Silk Wrap, which costs more than Gel ones. Silk Wrap costs more because they have to cut out each silk fabric to fit the shape of each of your nails, but it's another option to fortify your nails. I don't know where you live, so I don't know the approximate pricing. I live in Colorado. The last time I got mine done in Gel was a year ago, and it was $45/set (as opposed to $30/set for acrylic). And Silk Wrap was $60/set.

No comments:

Post a Comment